Thursday, March 22, 2012

Today's Knitting News



   I ended up giving up on the lacy blanket thing I was making. (seen above) I didn't like the way it was turning out. It was an experiment anyway! I then scoured through my 400 Knitting Stitches book and decided on a different stitch pattern. I then did some multiplication, added stitches for a border, crossed my fingers, and cast on. I hoped to not miscount the cast on. Then I just had to hope it would be wide enough.

   I did a good job on all counts! The cast on was perfect, and it's plenty wide enough. I just had to decide how wide I needed to make the bottom border. So I garter stitched until I could make a 90 degree angle from the bottom corner up to enclose my border stitches. Then I could start the pattern. It is a twelve row pattern, and it's working out so far.  Here is a photo of progress from a few days ago.  I have done quite a bit more since this was taken.


   Looking at the photo, it shows one and a half pattern repeats. When I counted today, I believe I had eight pattern repeats, so it really is quite a bit longer! I get to work on it in the morning, before I babysit, and while the little princess is napping. Then again in the evenings while watching TV. I can't wait for my knitting group ladies to see it! Kim has seen it, but no one else has.

   Our Stitch n Bitch group will be meeting tomorrow, so we shall see what the ladies have to say. However, Miss Jan will not be there this week, and I shall miss her. She has a thing for work that she must attend. Hopefully we will all be in attendance next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment