Friday, March 30, 2012

It's That Time of the Day

   Here it is, that time of the day, when I have usually decided what to write about. Today I haven't decided yet. Nothing has struck me. So, I guess I will go with the tried and true Stitch n Bitch report.


   We had our weekly meeting this morning, and a great breakfast was had by all. And we all worked on our knitting. Jan, on her shawl, I on my future grandbaby's blanket, and I have no idea what Kim H was working on today. I didn't ask her! We got into a deep conversation, and I never got to ask.

   We were waiting excitedly for our long-absent member, who had messaged me on facebook that she would come today. We haven't seen her in a very long time! She lives further away, in a town south of here, and we were disappointed when she didn't show up. Hopefully she can come another time.

   You will all be thrilled to hear that I did indeed finish the shawl in the photos from a few posts ago. The striped one. I figured it was big enough, so I did three rows of garter stitch and then bound it off. I have yet to block it. I'm wondering if I could get Kim to block it for me. She has clean carpet floor space, where I only have a bed to use when my son goes away for a few days.


   And the baby blanket has grown significantly since I last wrote about it. It's now nearly square. So I figure it must be about 2/3 done, with the whole proper ratio thing and all.


   I have news on another front as well. I have finally finished watching all available Midsomer Murders episodes on Netflix. Now I have to find something else to watch. I started watching Agatha Christie's Tommy and Tuppence, tonight I saw the movie from before they were married, then watched the first episode of their show, Partners in Crime. It's from the early 80's, and it shows. I don't know if I will be able to watch more of them.

   If it's nice tomorrow, I plan on going outside and photographing the shawl and baby blanket's progress. If it doesn't snow. Last time I saw the weather forecast, they were saying snow is possible for tomorrow. I have yet to check it tonight. So there may be snowy photos in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment