Saturday, March 31, 2012

Unexplainable Occurrances

   It seems that for nearly my whole life unexplainable and unusual things happen around me. It goes through phases. I was sitting here knitting this afternoon, and that is what I was thinking about. As I remembered incidences, I wrote them down.


   I think the first few happened after my cat died. He almost always slept with me, and sometime after he died, I was asleep in my bed in the middle of the night, when I heard my door open. Buford always pushed my door open and came in. I was awake, and felt him jump up onto my bed, and lay down at the foot of my bed, between my feet.


   When I woke up again later on, I could still feel his weight there. I remembered that there shouldn't be a cat on my bed, so I turned on my light. There was no cat on the foot of my bed. I walked down the hall towards the living room, and when I got there, his favorite sleeping place, a little black rocking chair with a square red pillow on it, was rocking. It was as if he had just jumped of the chair. As I got closer to the chair, I saw there were black cat hairs on the red pillow. Mom had cleaned that pillow off after Buford had died.


   Years later, my dad got cancer and passed away pretty quickly. My daughter Sara was very close to her Pop-Pop. We had lived there with mom and dad until she was about 5 years old. After my dad died, Sara spent a lot of weekends with grandma, keeping her company.


   One of these weekends, I dropped her off as usual. As I was backing out of the driveway, I looked up at the door. Mom and Sara always stood there waving to me until I was gone. This time, I saw dad there in the doorway too, right behind and to the side of my mom. Sara stood in front of her. It still spooks me to this day. But I knew he was watching over them.


    I think that's enough for today. I have more stories, and will save them for another post. I would love to hear if any one else has similar stories!

2 comments:

  1. Your cat turned into a spirit cat when he died! This is how we know we are never alone. Your cat had decided that you still needed him and was not ready to leave you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. I still miss that cat!

    ReplyDelete