Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Secret Book of Wives

   When women get married, we are given a manual. It is different in every culture, religion, ethnicity, even age group. In this highly secret document, everything is spelled out. There are lessons on how to get your own way. There are lessons on how to fool your spouse. And the lessons on how to get your spouse to believe almost anything you want him to believe.

   With this powerful document comes a very powerful responsibility. We must not abuse the power given to us. We must not do too much too often. Because if we do, the husbands will figure it out, even if they are just stupid boys. Use the power sparingly.

   Some examples of lessons learned? Well, on the occasional instance that one might purchase something from a catalog or on the internet that one didn't inform her husband of: when it arrives, usually by mail, and the spouse asks, "What's that?" One can answer - totally truthfully - "It came in the mail!"

   OR - one can tell one's spouse that you did tell him about >blah blah<, he must have forgotten. There are so many lessons. Of course, I realize that my life will be in danger for revealing the existence of this secret document. I am counting on most people not believing me. And that's OK.


   If you are lucky enough that your husband has a particular favorite dish that his mom used to make, there are tips in the document on how to make it even better than moms. My regular readers have heard all about Stroke, my Hubs' favorite dish of his moms. Over the years, I have made adjustments to the recipe, with the result of improving it beyond moms original.

   There are so many more lessons, but at this point I can't think of any more. My cell phone keeps interrupting me with text messages. I'm having trouble remembering what I was going to write! I am thinking that this is a plot by the other wives to prevent my revealing the secrets....

No comments:

Post a Comment