Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Version of Reality

   Reality shows. Many people watch them, most deny it. There are many kinds of reality shows. I refuse to watch most of them, I think they are stupid. The original ones, like Survivor, are dumb. I don't care to watch stupid people doing stupid things and getting voted off the stupid island for stupid reasons. I detest "confrontation" talk shows like Jerry Springer. They are just an excuse for public brawling.

   I watch television for one reason. Entertainment. I want to be entertained. I watch a lot of Sci Fi Channel, or Sy Fy, as I believe it is now called. I am entertained by make believe, fantasy, and the like. I also like detective shows.

   There are, however, some reality shows that I do like. I like some shows on the food network, and some of the decorating shows on HGTV. And I have found that I like watching Swamp People.  Sometimes I watch the biographies on that channel, if it's about someone I would like to know more about. I like some shows on NatGeo, and NatGeoWild. and I do love history programs, especially about the middle ages.

   Sometimes when I visit a friend, she's watching reality shows that I don't watch. She asks me, "Do you watch this? Do you watch that?" Always I answer "NO! I don't watch most reality shows!" She laughs at me and says I must not watch much television at all. I tell her that I do indeed, I watch it all day and into the evening! I just don't watch what I think is crap.

   Reality, real reality, is hard and ugly and boring as hell. That's why I watch programs that take me away from all that. Oh yeah, and I knit and crochet a little too.

No comments:

Post a Comment