Monday, October 29, 2012

Before We Lose Power....

    I want to get this posted, before we lose power. It's very windy, but the official "Wind Advisory" doesn't start until 9 a.m., 15 minutes from now. It's not even raining, but I heard on the radio that the Hudson River will reach flood stage by 9 a.m. Then it will go even higher, like 8 feet higher. Let me repeat, it's not even raining yet!


    We live close to the river, but that's not the body of water I worry about. We have the Crum Elbow Creek in the back yard, and every spring it floods. In last years hurricane, I posted photos of how much it flooded. If this storm is worse, I'm wondering how bad it will be!


   I'm hoping that everyone I care about stays safe and warm, and that we ride out this nasty Sandy successfully. If you don't hear from me for a few days, it'll be because we have no power. Rest assured I will take notes when I get ideas for posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment