Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Curious Problem

    I have one of those. In fact, it's possibly a medical problem. I was hoping that I could describe it, and maybe one or more of you would have an idea as to what the heck is going on.


    I am a side sleeper. When I go to bed, I must always start out laying on my right side, then later I can move to my left.  A few weeks ago, while sleeping on my left side, I woke up and my right arm was cold and tingling, like it was asleep. That was the arm that wasn't under my weight, but it was under the blankets.


    Ever since then, my hands get cold. Just sitting, watching TV, or working on my laptop, my hands get colder and colder. But, the right one is colder than the left. Today at work, I was sweating, but my hands were still cold. I had my co-worker feel my hands, and again, the right was colder than the left. If uncovered, my arms are cold also.


    I think this must be a circulation problem, but how? And why? Does anyone have any other relevant theories? I am willing to hear them all. I will go see the doctor, but not until next month.


   Another thing is that until this started, if my hands got cold, they would ache horribly. I usually start wearing gloves in September, and wear them until May. But now, my hands are cold, but they don't hurt anymore.


    I look forward to hearing from anyone who has an idea. Thanks in advance for your help.

2 comments:

  1. You could have a pinched nerve. If you can, I would have it checked out. Do you have ask-a-nurse with your health insurance? Or even health insurance? Only meant as rhetorical questions--do not answer. Definitely get it checked out. If it is fixable it could prevent further restriction of ability. (permanent damage...)

    ReplyDelete