Monday, December 17, 2012

In Which We Have a Shopping Day

    This morning, Hubs and I left the house, to do some Christmas shopping. On the way to our first destination, I got my notebook out, and we made a list. It constituted where we were going, and ideally what our purchases would be.


    All went pretty well. For obvious reasons, I can't tell you exactly which stores we shopped in, but we were both satisfied. We got gifts for our son, his girlfriend, and their housemates. Also for the girlfriend's step dad, and one of my friends. Then we got something more for our nephew. That leaves me with only one more gift to get, and I can get that one tomorrow.


    We even made it to Adam's Fairacre Farms, where I bought some more of his coffee, the chocolate truffle decaf. And since I was there, I got some of mine too. Before we went to Adam's, Hubs wanted to go to this little gun store out by our daughter's house. There is a really cute bald guy that works there, so I wasn't against going. Not surprisingly, they were pretty busy. After a while, I got bored, so I went out to the truck to knit for a while.


    I got through the whole upper part of the sweater, right to the row when I take the sleeve stitches off the needle, and put them on scrap yarn. Then I was supposed to connect the front and back of the sweater by casting on some sitiches where the sleeves were. I got a little confused by this, so I text messaged my knitting expert. She told me she would have to read the pattern to figure it out. So I put the sweater away, and went back in the gun store.


    In the end, Hubs bought a new rifle. Not a bad deal. Then we went to Adam's, then we got some chinese food, and then we finally went home. We ended up getting home just at dusk. We ate our dinner, and relaxed for the evening. Now he's in the bedroom watching football, while I watch whatever I want out here in the living room.


    Today was our 24th wedding anniversary, and it was nice to spend the day with him. At about the time we originally said our vows, we decided that we would do it all over again, and that it was a good decision the first time. I wonder if he remembers, all those years ago, that he promised me we could renew our vows for our 25th anniversary. I suspect that he didn't think he would live this long.....    


P.S.   I ended up deciding to give the sweater another whirl; I figured it's for practice anyway, so it really doesn't matter if I screw it up. It just so happens that I think I got it right.... So far, it's looking pretty good! We'll see what my friend the expert says tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment