Today I present to you the progress report on the practice sweater, complete with photos! I managed to do the whole top with hardly any mistakes. When I got to the part where I was supposed to take the sleeve stitches off, I counted all the stitches, since a stitch count is mentioned in the pattern. I was only one stitch short in the back! I must have missed an increase somewhere. One stitch off isn't bad!!
So here is how the sweater looks now:
You can see where the sleeves will go, and the V neck! It's starting to look like a sweater now. Here is another look, a little closer.
I will keep going on this one until I run out of yarn. Then I will probably add a second color to finish it. I just want to finish it, I don't really care if it fits anyone, or if anyone likes it or not. If someone does want it, and it fits them, they shall have it.
Now I think I can start thinking about what yarn I want for my own sweater!