Thursday, September 1, 2011

Craft Report - or - In Which I Knit All Day

   Today I got to sleep late, have my coffee in peace, and knit all day! Does it get any better than that? I haven't been sleeping all that well lately, so to get a good night's sleep was awesome. Before today, I have been waking up as early as 6:30, and staying up.  I decided last night that I would medicate myself to insure a good, deep sleep. It worked. I didn't get up until after 10 a.m. Right back where I want to be.

   I had my two cups of coffee, and started knitting. I have started working on a shawl for my daughter, she wants a black one. While I was out spending my birthday gift cards yesterday, I found some yarn that I thought would be perfect for her shawl! It's black, and has a little bit of sparkle in it. And it was on sale to boot! Cha-ching, we have a winner!

   I also bought a new book, Nature's Wrapture, contemporary knitted shawls, by Sheryl Thies. I looked through it and found three shawls I could do. After reading the patterns, I omitted two of those as too complicated for me. But I did find that the third one would be suitable.

    I started work on that one. I really like it, it has a sea-grassy texture that I wasn't sure would be visible when done in black. But after two inches or so, I am really liking this pattern.  It is a rectangular shaped stole, which I pictured as perfect for Sara. I texted her today about the shape of the shawl, and she told me that she had pictured a triangle shaped one.

   So, I decided to start a triangle shaped one, and take both of them in process to her house on Sunday. Then she can decide which one she likes better. I will then frog the other one, so I can use all the yarn for the chosen shawl.

    I got to sit and knit all day today, the day just got away from me. Before I knew it, it was time to wake Hubs up for work, and he was coffee'd, showered and gone.  He's on his second work night of four for this week.

   Tomorrow is Stitch n Bitch, but it's looking like not many people will be coming. I am pouting about it. We are going to meet at friend Laura's house. I like going there, we always have fun, she's a great hostess!

    This brings me to the end of my crafting report for today. All in all, I have four Works In Process, three knitted shawls, and one crocheted Hurricane Blanket. I have to get back to work on the blanket, as friend in Texas is waiting on it. I have dubbed the blanket the "Hurricane" blanket, because I was working on it before and during the hurricane.

   As an old friend used to say, "Nod not!" Seems like a good way to end for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment