Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dinner out with Hubs

    That's right, we went out to dinner tonight! We had gotten a gift card to our favorite BBQ place, Billy Bob's BBQ, for Christmas. We finally decided to use it. I highly recommend Billy Bob's, if you are in or near the greater Poughkeepsie, NY area.


    It's run by a former co-worker of ours, and his family. They got it right. The BBQ is absolutely awesome. Now I am usually a pulled pork kind of gal, but tonight I tried the brisket sandwich. After a few bites, I was muttering something about my beloved Hubs having a terrible accident so I could marry the guy who cooked this meat. Apparently I was muttering out loud. Hubs heard me and was starting to look scared.


    But truly, this place is really good. It's very close to Vassar College, on Fairmont Ave. It used to be a place called the Dutch Cabin. I had never been there, but had heard of it.


    I was so enamored of my sandwich, I don't think I even ate half of it! Hubs had the Piggy Mac, which is pulled pork, with mac n cheese on top, then it's baked. He loves that dish. So of course, we brought it all home. This is the place where tried real fried pickles. They were really good but upset my stomach something fierce. So I won't order them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment