Tuesday, February 5, 2013

not a terribly fun day

    My day started out at about 3 a.m., when Hubs' work pager went off. If you don't push the button to look at the message, it keep going off. Every. Few. Minutes. I figure it kept going off for over an hour. I shook him, and woke him up. Told him his pager was going off. Another hour or so went by before he actually woke up and looked at it. In his half awake state, he thought it was the alarm clock, and kept trying to turn it off.


    Needless to say, I couldn't get back to sleep until some point after that. Then my alarm went off for me to get up at 5:30. So I was very tired today. After hanging with the Cherub, I went home to have a cuppa coffee with Hubs, but he was still asleep. Huh. So I turned the coffee maker on, and just as it was finishing up cooking, his majesty gets up.


    Like I said, I was really tired, and wanted nothing more than to go back to bed. Not gonna happen today. I had an appointment with a Gastroenterologist (sp?) at 9:45, so no time for nappy. He will be performing one of the tests that I need to have done. Enuff said.


    I did get to take a nap later in the day, and slept for a couple of hours, I think. I now have less than an hour before I have to start my blood work fast. And tomorrow morning, I get to go back to the medical group building to have blood drawn. I will be taking a snack with me for afterwards.


    I'm still tired, and perhaps a bit cranky. It really does suck getting old. I'm hoping to get to bed kind of early tonight, and get some good sleep with pharmacological aid. It's gotta be better than last night....

No comments:

Post a Comment