Friday, February 8, 2013

today's doings.

     This morning, as I drink my coffee, I decided to open the living room drapes, so I could watch the weather. The snow is light, then heavy, then light again. Like it can't decide what to do. I'm fine with that, the less we get the better as far as I'm concerned.


    I am doing laundry today. First in went Hubs' things, as he has to pack for a work trip. Then I stripped the bed. Fleece sheets are so thick and heavy they require two loads, with our blankets.  But I wouldn't be without them in the winter! I've never had warmer sheets, ever. We sleep on the fleece in the winter, and flannel the rest of the year. Our bedroom is an addition off the back of the house, and it's very cold in there.


    Those of you who have been reading me since the beginning know that Hubs and I have separate blankets. For the reason why, you can go back to the early posts and find out.


   Just like yesterday, I am alternating my house chores with watching a new series on Netflix. I found The Monarch of the Glen, and have been watching it. I watched an episode, then did some dishes, another episode, put dishes away and wash some more. That made it almost painless. Today I'm doing that, but with the laundry. It's a bit harder, because of the stairs, but at least it's getting done.


    The snow is supposed to be worse to the south, and that's where Hubs works. If it gets too bad, he may come home early. I hope he does. But then he has to drive to Boston on Sunday, behind the storm.


    And now, if you'll excuse me,  I do believe my coffee cup requires refilling!


P.S.  In reality, it has taken three loads to wash all our sheets, pillowcases and blankets. Apparently I underestimated the loads. And I'm having to cycle the dryer again for Hubs' blanket and top sheet... I it won't need a third....

No comments:

Post a Comment