Friday, February 22, 2013

Photo updates

     This morning, I was the only one for Stitch n Bitch. Jan had to work, Bonny had a sinus issue, Kim's Cherub is ill, and Cheryl had meetings. At first I was just going to go home, but I decided to go to Cranberry's for a cuppa coffee and a scone. I got a few rows of knitting done on Sara's sweater while I was there, which prompted me to take some photos once I got home.


     The progress on the sweater is not very visible, but it's joined now, and the raglans are almost done. After they're done, the sleeve stitches get put on scrap yarn, and the body gets completed. Here is how it looks right now:


    As I said, not much to look at. On the other hand, my cowl is all done, and very warm. I wore it today. I have to find an actual person to model it, so you can see how it looks when worn. Maybe later, I'll visit the karate school and see if one of my son's female students will volunteer to get her photo taken. Anyway, I took a photo of it on the floor, and here it is:


    I am quite pleased with how it came out, as there is no annoying interruption of color where the second skein was spit spliced with the first. It worked out perfectly!  This hasn't been bocked yet, and I may not block it. I'm not entirely sure that blocking would improve anything. If I get bored next week, perhaps I'll be inspired to block it.

P.S. I love spit splicing! No pesky ends to weave in!

1 comment:

  1. http://tanktownusa.com/
    It is in Morganton, GA, right where TN and NC meet with GA. I went to the site and it costs about $50 but if you know an 8 year-old, they will HOST A BIRTHDAY PARTY THERE. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete