Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sweater progress

     I'm excited to report that my sweater is coming along swimmingly! I'm very excited about it. I am currently past all the raglan increases, and the sleeve stitches are on scrap yarn for later knitting. So that means I'm working on the body, just knitting around and around and around. It does get boring, but I'm keeping the end result firmly in mind.


     I did change the pattern a little bit. In the original, there are a few decreases for shaping, then increasing again. I skipped the decreases, and just did increases. I want it nice and comfortable. This yarn is so soft, I can't stand it, and I can't wait to wear it! I just hope I have enough yarn to make it as long as I want it, with enough to make the sleeves longer too.


     I was going to tell a few stories about my beloved Hubs, but I changed my mind. He feels I share too much here, and I thought I'd protect his privacy a bit. There is one story I can tell however. Last night, I was watching TV in the living room, and he was in the bedroom. I don't remember what I was thinking, but I had a realization. I went in to the bedroom, and shared it with him.


    It suddenly occurred to me that he has been married to me for half of his life. We just celebrated our 24th anniversary last month. I don't think he appreciated my pointing that fact out to him. It's the little things that bring us the most happiness, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Since I still can't post photos here, I posted it on twitter, you can see it by following me, @bicraftualme...
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete