Friday, January 11, 2013

the yarn goddess'll getcha

    That's right, she will get you, if you have negative feelings whilst crafting. Those negative feelings go through your hands and into your project. I've seen it time and time again, but I was still guilty of it while working on those darn Gamer Gloves.


    You see, I didn't want to make them in the first place. But I had promised my daughter that I would make them for her hubs, and I couldn't put it off any longer. I was going to have to make them. Unfortunately, it was with unwillingness that I started them, and they have given me nothing but trouble ever since.


    So after the whole frogging incident, my friend Kim mentioned that perhaps the mistake was made because of my negative attitude towards the gloves. I realized she was right, so when I re-started them yesterday morning, I concentrated on how much son-in-law will love them, and how they would keep his hands nice and warm while playing his video games.


    Positive attitude creates a positive experience. I'm still in my funk, but I think things are starting to get better. Every day that passes gets me more finished with the gloves, and closer to my sweater! Happy dance!


   Update: To my surprise, I actually finished the gamer gloves last night! I even sewed/crocheted the seams. (I crocheted one and sewed one)  The whole "having to redo" thing went by really quickly once my attitude changed!


    Also, I'd like to thank Jenn J. for her comment on the other day's "funkytown" post. It really gave me a chuckle, and at that moment, I started leaving funkytown behind. Thanks Jenn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment