Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A curious development

   As some of you may know, I have Pulmonary Sarcoidosis, and Asthma. I take a few prescription drugs to help me breathe. Note: I just added the Asthma, as an afterthought, since I'm now out of the Asthma closet.... Anyway, every single one of my medications lists "headache" as a possible side effect.


    So I have headaches. Every single day. I take three Ibuprofen when I get up in the morning, and three more when the evening headache strikes. I like to wait for that one, just to see what time it comes. It usually happens between 5:30 and 8 pm.


    Well, twice in the last week, I haven't gotten my evening headache! Last Wednesday, after a long day of helping mom move, I got home, took a shower then made dinner. I realized as I went to bed that my regularly scheduled headache hadn't yet shown up. During the night as I was on my way to the bathroom, I noticed it had arrived with a vengeance.  But I was too tired to go to the kitchen and take anything. It was still there when I got up.


    Last night, at about 10 pm, I again realized that my evening headache hadn't shown up. This time, it didn't come during the night, but I did wake up with a whopper this morning. I took my morning Ibuprofen, but the headache wouldn't let go. I ended up going back to bed about 10 am for a nap. I feel better now, but I am wondering if this is a sign of things to come. I sincerely hope not. I'd rather have an evening headache then getting one in the night, or waking up with it in the morning.


    And next week I'll find out the results of the MRI they did on my brain. Yay, something to look forward to!


   P.S. Another day of no knitting. Not feeling so good today, I might go back to bed again....

No comments:

Post a Comment