Thursday, April 11, 2013


    I slept like a rock last night, and I'm stiff and sore today. Mom's phone still isn't turned on. She lost some cable channels last night, but I think that's been fixed. She's really unhappy with the movers. There was a lot of stuff that they didn't move.

    I told her that they aren't going around picking up random stuff, it was all supposed to be in boxes. They even told her, if it's not boxed up, they aren't taking it. Oh well, at least she didn't have to have all her stuff out in the one day. She can take all the time she needs to get it all out.

   Today, I had an MRI of my brain. Of course, I'm worried. I have at least two headaches every day, and I'm used to it now, since every one of my medications lists headaches as a possible side effect. But when I saw the Neurologist last week, she wasn't happy about the headaches. She thought the steroid I take should take care of that. I figured it's too busy in my lungs.

    So there I am, laying on a table, and they slide this cage over my head after putting earphones on me. Because apparently it gets pretty loud inside the machine. I opted for the music in the headphones. Once this procedure started, I could hardly even hear the music! The noise was extremely loud, even with the headphones on.

    After about 40 minutes, and pulling me out twice; once to inject some dye into me, it was all over. I was very grateful that Hubs had come with me, and that I didn't have to drive home. I decided it was time to blog this evening when I got my daily evening-time headache. It comes anywhere between 5:30 and 9 pm. I usually wait for it to strike before I take the Ibuprofen. And it does strike suddenly.

    I even laid down this afternoon, and took a three hour nap! Today was the second day in a row, that I couldn't have my coffee. At least today, I got to have some after I got back from the MRI. I had to fast for four hours before the test. I decided last night that if I got up before 7 am, I could have one cup of coffee. But when I woke up, it was 7:05. SHIT. No coffee for me.

    You really don't want to see me without my coffee, especially on the second day!

No comments:

Post a Comment