Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Knitting update

    I found the time to work on Sara's sweater today, after yesterdays unending headache. It's coming along swimmingly, progress is being made. Slowly but surely!

    I have a definite length measurement that I got from Sara when she tried it on. I need 17 inches from the bottom of the armhole. I am going to add one inch for the curling up. I hope that's enough. Since the two rows of purling done on my sweater didn't work out too well, I won't be doing that on Sara's.

   The idea of the purling was to stop the curling. The curl was supposed to go over the purling, but it didn't work out that way. Oh well. It's my sweater, and I am OK with it.  I want my beautiful daughter to be proud of the very first sweater I've made for her. Over the years, I've crocheted many afghans, but this is my first knitted sweater for her. Let's keep our fingers crossed that she likes it, and will wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment