Friday, April 12, 2013

Pizza for dinner

    All my life, I have been a pepperoni girl. Loved, loved, loved pepperoni. Over the years, we have occasionally ordered different toppings on our pizza. Sausage, meatball, and some I can't even remember. But pepperoni was the king of toppings.


    This past January, Hubs and I were again contemplating a pizza for dinner. As we perused the menu from our favorite pizza joint, T n F Pizza, we decided that pepperoni was getting old. I was reading down the list of possibilities, when one caught my eye. "Oooo..." I said, "Bacon!". Hubs agreed that bacon sounded awesome, and he remarked, "Extra cheese and bacon!" To which I whole heartedly agreed. We ordered one, and it has become our favorite pizza.


    Now, last week, we went shopping at Sam's Club, and bought a three pack of 1 pound packages of bacon. Later that night, as we were putting things away, we went down to the freezer, and discovered that we had no less than eight pounds of bacon already in the freezer! Then I found one in the upstairs freezer too. These, plus the three pounds we just bought, makes a total of twelve pounds of bacon in the house.


   We also bought a three pack of DiGiorno frozen cheese pizzas that trip. Today, I thought we should cook up some of that bacon for dinner. Then I thought some more, and decided to put it on a frozen cheese pizza for dinner, thus making our own bacon cheese pizza.


    Here is what it looked like when it came out of the oven.


    It's too bad that looks can be so deceiving. The bacon, of course, was awesome, but the pizza wasn't. I think we should get points just for trying, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment