Monday, April 1, 2013

Fear of flying

   I have that. The first time I flew as an adult, we went to Florida. It was for a vacation at Disney World, and Jesse had a tournament there. We went with my mother-in-law, she had a friend who worked at Disney and got us a real deal on the rooms. I really loved the Coronado Springs Resort. 


    The very first time I flew was as a teenager. I flew back from Florida after visiting my Aunt and Uncle. That was a pleasant experience, there were so few passengers, I sat sideways with my legs across all the seats all the way back to NY. That wasn't horrible at all.


    Anyway, the flying. I hated it. It wasn't the flying itself, but the conditions in which I was flying that I hated. Those conditions included, but were not limited to, being condensed together with my fellow passengers like sardines. Unpleasant fellow passengers. Not being able to sit next to my Hubs. That was a really big deal for me. I was terrified, having not flown for a really long time.


       Lucky for me that when he got sent to Austin, Texas for training for work, he didn't use the company web site to book his flight. If he had, we would have had to fly separately. Different days, and everything. I told him if I couldn't fly with him, I wouldn't go. So he arranged it. He really is the best husband.


    The last time we flew, it was to Austin. It seems that every time I fly, the experience gets a little bit better. I still don't want to, but I will if I have to. Thank the Goddess for pharmaceuticals.


   P.S. Yesterday's post was my 600th! I just noticed that. I'm amazed. And thanks to all of you who read my adventures!  

No comments:

Post a Comment