Saturday, April 13, 2013

A day of adventures

    This morning, after having my coffee and taking my meds, I once again headed down to Fishkill to mom's house. There are quite a few boxes to unpack, and some things in the old apartment that she needs me to bring over to the new apartment.


    We unpacked two boxes of food, and rearranged a few shelves of food already put away. Mom made a list of things for me to get from the old apartment while I ran into the Village to get my Hubs some cigars and take a watch to be cleaned/repaired.


    My mom gave the watch to me last week, when I was there helping to pack, pre-move. It was her grandmother's watch, and she remembers her grandmother wearing it when she was a child. I fell in love with the watch. It looks very Art Deco-ish. I took it to a man in Fishkill, who I know would know how to deal with it. He told me it is from approximately 1910. He can clean it up and make it so it works. He will call me in about two weeks.


    I am absolutely thrilled! Like I said, I love the watch, and it fits me. Right now, I wish I had taken a photo of it. Oh yeah, my great grandmother's initials are engraved on the back. E L B. My mom said her name was Edythe Lenore Berry. Her maiden name was Chapman.


    I can't wait to get it back! I will wear it with pride, I can assure you. I just have to remember to take it off then I take a shower or wash dishes. I'm not used to wearing a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment