Thursday, April 4, 2013

Learning something new....

    For this crocheted sweater, I have to learn something new. It's a foundation double crochet. In which you do double crochets while at the same time, you are making the foundation chain. I've been watching how-to videos on you tube, and some are very confusing. But I think I might have the hang of it now. It's supposed to be better than just chaining across for the sleeve hole, then working the doubles into that chain the next time around. We'll see. I need to practice some more.


    This weekend, I may be absent. My beloved Hubs will be using my laptop to do our taxes. So, I will be avoiding him most of the weekend, as he tends to swear a lot and throw things while doing this particular activity. I really miss the days when we paid someone to do them for us. The first guy we had, the year came when we couldn't find him. It turned out that he was in jail. Not related to tax preparation activities...


    Then we had a very nice young lady doing them for us. After a few years, she decided not to do them any more. So Hubs now has to do them himself. Besides the fact that it was costing a lot of money for someone else to do them for us. Personally I think it was worth it, since it kept Hubs' blood pressure down.


    Reading what I've written so far, I have a feeling that Hubs will think I've said too much. But I don't think so. There are no names, and nothing too specific. However, if anyone reading this knows him, don't say anything about it. What he doesn't know, can't get me in trouble. Just remember my adage, "What's written in the blog, stays in the blog."


    I was supposed to go to mom's today, to help her finish up her packing. Yes, her apartment is finally ready! She will be moving next Wednesday. Anyway, I am not feeling well today, so I'm going to stay home and take it easy.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment