Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How My Day Went

    This morning started out with me in the middle of a really interesting dream, when BEEP BEEP my alarm went off. It was 5:45 a.m. Not my favorite time to get up, not even my 10th favorite. But I do what I have to do for a friend, and I am getting paid, so I get up.

    That job is only 2 hours long, two mornings a week. It won't kill me. And Cherub is a sweet tempered child, whose birthday is quickly approaching. Three days, as she reminded me more than once this morning. Then she will be in the double digits, age-wise, a huge deal.

    After I got home, I made myself some coffee, chocolate, of course. That's all we drink. I even made it full caff. Hubs has to drink half caff, so that's what I usually make. I felt I needed the full caff to get through the rest of the day.

    Somewhere along the line, during the three and a half hours until I had to go sit for Miss Malia, I forgot to set the coffee maker up for Hubs. That is one thing I always do for him. So when he gets up for work, all he has to do is turn on the coffee maker. As a stupid boy, I figure he can handle that.

    Today Miss Malia was not having nap time. I have a sneaking suspicion that someone spiked her morning bottle with some sugar. The past two weeks, that child had fallen asleep before noon, and mostly slept for up to two hours. Today, however was different. At 2:45 p.m. she finally climbed up onto my lap, grabbing her blanket on the way. I swear to you, she passed out as she leaned her head on my chest.

    She was still sleeping at 3:20 when her dad came. So I didn't get my planned knitting time today. I was disappointed.

    I kind of figured that Hubs would be a little perturbed at me for coffee maker thing. He wasn't! Since it's his first night back to work for the week, he was up a little early, and was able to make it himself. He made a full pot, and I got to drink the last cup. So I have enough energy to stay awake for a while this evening.

    After Hubs left for work, I sat here and knitted a little bit, maybe three or four rows. I broiled the sirloin tips. Now I just have to make some garlic mashed potatoes, and eat my dinner.

    I have been thinking, sooner or later I will have to buy a thesaurus. I've caught myself wishing for one in recent weeks. I'm betting you'll notice when I finally break down and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment