Sunday, August 5, 2012

I didn't lie, I was mistaken.

    I did end up knitting yesterday. I notice that because I said in the title that I wasn't knitting, about half as many people read my post. HA HA we fooled them, didn't we? Those who did read it know that I ended up saying I would knit!


    It took me a long time to find the shawl, but when I finally did, I worked on it for what seemed like hours. It's so long at the top now, I only did four rows. I counted the stitches as I knit the last row, and according to my counting, there are 352 stitches.


    I greatly enjoy watching the color progression in this yarn, and how the stripes are getting thinner as it grows. I sort of designed this one myself, I knew it would be big, so I didn't want a point at the bottom. I started with 9 stitches, I think, and did garter stitch for several rows, doing a YO after the first stitch, and before the last stitch, on every other row.


    Then I started doing a seven stitch garter border, with stockinette in the body, still doing the YO's every right side row.  It's funny, but when I pick it up after a long time, I forget to do the first YO on the right side. So it'll end up being uneven, but I don't think it'll be too obvious. I like the rounded bottom. I still have quite a bit of yarn left, I can keep going as long as I want to.


    One of the labels in yesterdays post was babysitting. I had intended to talk about babysitting, but didn't get that far. I have off from my regular babysitting job on Monday and Tuesday. That means I don't have to worry about daddy being late on Tuesday, which might make me late for my Tattoo appointment! Only two more days until my new tattoo!!


    I've been thinking, I might be getting a little old for tattoos, so this might be my last one. But I've wanted this one for so long, and I got gift certificates for Festivus. I just hope Hubs takes good photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment