Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I've Hit the Wall, Knitting Wise

    I sure have. I screwed up my lace stole project a few days ago, and haven't figured out yet where I went wrong. I haven't frogged it, I still have hope that either I can figure it out, or my friend the knitting expert can.


    In the meantime, I have been crocheting. I'm trying again to do the skull colorwork potholders, from the Stitch n Bitch Crochet, The Happy Hooker book. I tried once before to make these for my friend, but I wasn't happy with how it looked. Since then I have watched her make some, and decided to try again. So far, I am happy with how it looks. Even though I'm using my least favorite hook, the size G. This hook size, I consider my nemesis.


    So for now, I am crocheting. I will post photos of my progress. I am really not too happy that to make the potholder, I have to make two of these fracking things. Grrrr.


    And for a double Grrr, as I am looking at the photo, I see the eyes are off center, which means I have to frog the last row that I did. I didn't notice until I looked at the photo! Oh well, at least it's not a whole bunch of rows...


    Tattoo update!! It has now been 8 days since my tattoo, and the last little bit of crust has finally come off. It's still itchy, and I'm still lotioning the shit out of it. I know it seems early, but I have always healed quickly. I am told the color looks awesome. I can't see it myself without mirrors. I think I'll ask Hubs to take another photo of it.


    Crap, I see it's almost midnight. I better get my crap assembled and publish this, or it will show up with tomorrow's date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment