Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And So Life Goes On. And On. And On.

   Another day when almost nothing got done. I went to Fishkill with Hubs, but we didn't go until later in the afternoon. He was up all night, couldn't sleep, so he slept in. I kept trying to wake him up, starting at 10:30 like he asked me to. every hour after that, I was in there trying to rouse him. I didn't succeed until 1:30.

   Of course, I won't run the vacuum cleaner while he's asleep, it makes too much noise.  There are other things to do, of course, but I was expecting him to get up any minute! At least when we went to Fishkill, I took my sweater, and got a few rows done. That made me feel a bit better!

   I am almost to the point where I get to do the pleat on the back of the sweater, I hope to get it right this time! But I had a lot of holding to do while Hubs cut stuff with a circular saw, like wood, and wainscoting.

   Yesterday, as some of you doubtless noticed, I didn't post. I really had nothing to report. Nothing exciting happened all day. Even the TV repair people haven't called us yet. It's been 32 days since they took our TV away, and said they would bring it back in - and I quote - two or three days..... The little 19 incher is getting quite comfortable in the big, giant space where the missing TV belongs.

   I got a lecture today from Hubs, about how I've been neglecting the housework, etc. Apparently he's getting concerned that I'm spending too much time on my crafting. I am going to hand him my new copy of At Knits End by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, AKA the Yarn Harlot. There are quite a few anecdotes in there about such silly husbandly concerns.  <insert evil laugh here>  I just nod and say "Yes, dear!" but he doesn't buy it.
Hmmm, he's smarter than he looks.....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment