Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meeting Up With An Old Friend, And Sweater Progress Photos!

   This morning, I left my cell phone in the bedroom. When I finally remembered to go get it, I had missed a text message from an old friend. She said she was coming through town and could we get together? By the time I saw the message, an hour had passed since she sent it. I replied that it was probably too late, and she answered that it wasn't, she hadn't left yet! So we arranged to meet at Cranberry's in an hour.

   We always have so much catching up to do! She tells me what she's heard from people we used to work with, that she has seen, and I do the same. Then we talk about our families, and what they are up to. We never seem to run out of things to talk about!  The best part, of course, is eating luscious Cranberry's desserts! We both had the Peach Wedge. YUM! They must have been very busy today, as all the flavored coffee carafes were empty! So I didn't get to have any coffee with my peach wedge.

   After getting home from Cranberry's, I started doing the laundry. House rule #3 states that whoever leaves money in their pockets, that is found in the washer or dryer, that money belongs to the laundry mistress, ME. I am gathering up quite a collection of coins! I have a covered jar on the dryer where I put the money I find. However, if I find a large amount, I usually return it to it's owner. Like the time I found $50 in my son's jeans. I knew he would need it, so I gave it back.

   I am making solid progress on my sweater! As I stated in an earlier post, the pocket inserts are done, and now I'm working on the body.  Here's a photo of the pockets:


   They are ready to add when the sweater gets long enough. The sweater is worked from the bottom up. Here's a photo of the progress so far on the body, the stitch markers indicate the center back section that's decreasing up to the pleat.



   Here's hoping that all your projects go well, and you get to meet up with an old friend!

Kim out!

No comments:

Post a Comment