Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shit Happens, And I Am Not Miserable, Just Angry!

   So here we were, Sunday night, Hubs and I were getting ready to go into the bedroom. I was in the bathroom, and Hubs was already in the bedroom. From down the road, I hear a loud car coming, screeching tires, revving the engine, generally being very loud and obnoxious. Then I hear the car's brakes screeching, and I wait for the THUMP noise that means they hit something.  And... there it was. Then the peeling out again as they take off on down the road.

   Hubs comes out and asks if I heard that, I answered "Yes, it sounded like it was down the road." He says "No, that right in front of our house!"... So we get our shoes on and go out and look. As we walk out, I can smell the burned rubber from the street. Hubs shines the flashlight on my Jeep, nope, Jeep is OK.  Then he shines the light on mom's car. He says, "They got your mom's car!" OH SHIT! He continues on, and shines the light on his truck too. His truck is also unharmed!

   Mom's car is parked in between my Jeep and his truck! We can see by the peel out tire marks that they came VERY close to hitting my Jeep! We walk back inside, and Hubs calls the State Police. An hour later, a very nice trooper comes to the house. She was very helpful, taking down all our information, etc. It turns out it's a really good thing that I have mom's wallet!

   I have her wallet and other valuables since I was concerned about her having them with her while she's in the hospital. Better safe than sorry. I was so very upset! All of the twenty one years we have lived on this house, we have parked our cars in the front of the house, and NEVER before has there been any sort of problem! This is beyond imagining!

   So yesterday, I had to go to the hospital and tell mom what happened..... She took it pretty good, I think. I mean, it's not like anyone was hurt, the car was simply sitting there! What really pissed me off was that the driver simply took off! That right there is against the law, leaving the scene of an accident! Much less the reckless driving that lead to them losing control in the first place! I sincerely hope that the police catch this driver. I know that their car was damaged, we have pieces of it! We know that the back right corner is damaged, and we found clear plastic pieces from a broken lens.

   Even better? Mom's insurance won't cover any damage. It turns out that she dropped collision insurance last year to save money. Her friend talked her into it, since she doesn't drive that much.  Hubs has been searching and found some replacement doors for the car. I will go pick them up tomorrow. Maybe over the weekend, he can replace them for her. Unfortunately, they aren't the same color as her car. Maybe her friend will help pay for them to be painted to match the rest of the car? We can only hope!

   Now for some pictures! This is from across the street. My Jeep is in front of the car, Hubs' truck is behind it.


Close up of the damaged doors-


And here's the shot of the tire marks and how close they are to my Jeep!



No comments:

Post a Comment