Friday, October 28, 2011

So, What To Cast On Next?

   I feel like a traitor. Here I am, browsing through Ravelry, looking for my next project. I know what I want to do, fingerless gloves/arm warmers. I scored some beautiful prime Alpaca lace weight at Rhinebeck, and in a hard (for me) to find black. It is calling to me.

   Unfortunately, I haven't quite finished my sweater yet! Today at Stitch n Bitch, I bound off the right sleeve, shaped then bound off the back, and bound off the left sleeve. All that's left is the fronts, with ribbed borders. I've been working on the left front w/border, but I am losing interest. It's hard knitting 40 stitches, back and forth, when every time you come to the end of the row, you have the weight of the whole fracking sweater to turn. It's getting old.

   I have not taken any pictures of the bound off parts for posterity, not yet. But I plan to. This weekend, my son's room will be empty, so it would be a perfect time to finish and block this sweater. If I can just find it in my soul to finish it.

   I want to, I really do! I can't wait to wear it! But it seems like we've skipped Autumn this year, it's supposed to snow tomorrow, and snow heavily tomorrow night. This really sucks. Last week, I was still wearing my Austin sandals! (Hubs bought them for me at Cabela's on our trip to Austin, Texas, in May of 2010)

   Oh, heck. I guess I better get back to work! Kim out!

No comments:

Post a Comment