Thursday, October 13, 2011

In Which I Have A Rough Night...

   Last night, I was browsing the cupboards for what to have for dinner, and I couldn't decide.  I looked in the fridge, and there was no salad mix, so that ruled out one of my favorite dinners, a big salad with lots of veggies, leftover meat, and cheese.

   Then I remembered that I bought some canned soups last time I went grocery shopping. I looked, and there they were. I finally decided on a "hearty" potato soup "with bacon". As it was heating up on the stove, I looked in the fridge for stuff to add to the soup. Ah, there is some left over corn! I opened the container, and sniffed it. It still smelled OK, to me.

   So, I added the corn to my heating soup. However, as the corn hit the pan, I had a thought that maybe I would regret adding it, as I think it's kind of old.... When I got to eat it, the soup wasn't that good. I didn't finish it all, leaving some in my bowl.  Later, as I sat listening to the TV while knitting my sweater, I got hungry again, so I heated up the leftover sirloin tips from the night before. They were yummy with BBQ sauce!

   When I finally got into bed, I'm laying there and my tummy feels like it's full of cement. I slept on and off, waking up every few hours. I could tell my tummy was sorting the corn from the soup, and letting the soup continue on down the track. It felt like my tummy was saving the corn, and going to send it back.

   This has happened to me before. Once when I was a kid, after Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma's house, my tummy sent back only the corn I had eaten. There have been other instances, not always corn. But I digress!

   This morning when Hubs got home from work, I told him I didn't feel very good. I got up and ate a few Papaya Enzyme Chewable Tablets. A friend swears by these, for tummy aches, and when you eat too much. It seems they promote digestion, and help digest food faster. What can I say? It worked! After a couple of hours, I got up, and felt better!

   In fact, I had forgotten about the corn! Hubs got up to use the bathroom, and asked how I felt. I was surprised! I really had forgotten I didn't feel well this morning! I guess the papaya enzyme tabs worked, once again!

  Since this morning, I have had my two cups of chocolate truffle coffee, and taken my meds. I have washed dishes, and worked on my sweater too. I've even done some laundry. After Hubs leaves for work, I can vacuum again. It makes too much noise, I won't do it while he's trying to sleep.

   And hopefully, I can get to bed earlier than last night, and get some good sleep to make up for the rough night I had last night!

Happy knitting, and Kim out!

No comments:

Post a Comment