Sunday, October 16, 2011

Peacefully Knitting!

   Today I am peacefully knitting, working on my sweater.  I was supposed to have most of the day to myself, as Hubs was going to get up at 4:30 a.m. to go hunting. He turned off the alarm when it buzzed rather loudly, and mumbled that he would go out later.

   I wanted to wait until he was gone to knit, because I was at the three row sequence that involves the decreasing, as well as short rows on the edges. It's not complicated, I just like to do all three rows without being interrupted.

   Hubs finally got up, and after drinking lots of coffee, and complaining that he doesn't feel well and can't get warm, he finally took his shower and got dressed for hunting. I don't know how long he will last, and neither did he. But now I'm through my three rows, so it doesn't matter for five more rows.

   It's just so nice to be able to sit here, knitting peacefully, without worrying about laundry, dishes, or anything else. I did some dishes earlier, and laundry will get done later.

   Yesterday at Sheep and Wool, I got an autographed copy of At Knits End, a book by The Yarn Harlot. I've been reading it this morning, and have already found my favorite, and it's so very true, and typical of me!!

   "My knitting is in a constant state of competition with the household chores. After years and years of painful juggling, I have almost completely decided to give up on the housework. The way I see it, I can always clean up the house when I am old, but I'll never get this knitting time back." - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

   Here is a photo of the cover of the book the quote is from:

 
   Here is my progress on my awesome sweater, after the pocket inserts were added!



   Now I think it's time to get back to my knitting, I don't know how much longer I have to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment