Sunday, October 2, 2011

In Which I Knit In The Hospital

    Today when I got up, I planned on spending most of the day at the hospital, so I took my knitting with me! Whenever I go almost anywhere, I usually take either my nook, or my knitting. Just in case the car breaks down, or I have to wait for someone or something. It works especially well at the doctors office! Every time I bring a book to read while I'm waiting, no matter how early for my appointment I am, I get called right in. EVERY TIME. There has to be something to that.

   So I took both nook and knitting with me today to the hospital. I arrived between 10 and 10:30. Which is usually the time I'm rolling out of bed. Mom was surprised to see me so early. So we sat and chatted, and after a while, she told me she was getting sleepy. So while she napped, I knitted! I got three or four rows done on my shawl. That doesn't sound like much, but it's really getting big, and I have no desire to count stitches. Tomorrow I will take a photo, so you can see how big it's getting.

   My brother Chip (surprise) and my son Jesse also dropped in to visit with mom while I was there. It was nice to see my brother, we aren't close. Then after lunch, my daughter Sara came to visit too! We always have a good time when we get to chat. By 2:30 or so, we were both ready to leave. Just before we were going to say goodbye to mom, the nurse came in and told mom they were moving her to a private room! So we stuck around to get her settled in, then we took our leave.

   It was nice to get to spend so much time with mom today, and really nice to get time to knit! Does knitting in the hospital still count as knitting in public? I think so!

   A very big P.S.  Mom and I talked about my blog, and I told her how so many people have read the "Shit Happens, Misery Is Optional" post. She totally agrees with me! After all, that's where I get it from, isn't it? And not only did she have polio as a child, she was also very sick with scarlet fever too. So she isn't a Mary Fracking Poppins either!

   Until next time! And please don't forget to comment!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to knit and spend time with your mom. I hope she's doing well. Thinking about her and keeping her in my thoughts.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete