Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What To Do On A Dark, Rainy Day?

   At Sheep and Wool, I scored some awesome Alpaca yarn. I've been saving it to wind when I am bored. Today I wound one skein of the Alpaca, the black one, and the last skein of my sweater yarn. It's so much fun using my swift and ball winder.  I'm saving the white skein of Alpaca for another day.

   I worked on my sweater today, and somehow managed to screw my courage up and work the pleat. And I think I got it right this time! There were no dropped stitches this time! Yippee skippee! I am very proud of myself. Now I have to just make it through the three inches until I can bind off the underarm stitches. I am really excited, it's only eight stitches per underarm!



   Apparently, while we had mostly rain all September, and while my Jeep spent nearly the whole month covered up, it had been growing mold! I had mold on my steering wheel cover, and now I've found mold growing on my dashboard. I need to replace the steering wheel cover, but I will need a nice day to clean out the Jeep. Bleach and water, 10% solution, should do the trick.

  Now I come to the point. Yesterday, I left my slide windows open, to get some air flow through there, to help air out the Jeep. When we got home from Fishkill last night, I forgot to close them. I didn't know it was going to rain. This morning, when I finally got up, I realized it was raining, so I had to go out and close my windows. Being under his tree saved him once again! There wasn't wetness on the drivers side, and none on the passenger side!

   Between doing dishes and laundry is when I got to knit today. It is such a dark, miserable day! I am not happy about the rain, but it's pointless to complain. The Goddess does what she wants, we can choose not to be miserable about it!  After all, "Misery is Optional!"


   Now, Hubs has gone to work, and I get to vacuum. Yay! Do you think I can put it off until tomorrow? I'm pretty sure I can, since I'm the worlds best procrastinator!

No comments:

Post a Comment