Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hi Honey, I'm Home!

   So I got to come home today! Mom is recuperating nicely, and getting around without too much pain. We had a nice time together, even if I had to sleep on the couch.

   The best part of staying in Fishkill is that I get to visit Out of the Loop yarn store! Theresa is always pleasant, and every time I'm there, there are new luscious yarns to explore. I was able to get there on Saturday, a day later than I really wanted to, but mom was sleeping most of the day Friday, and I didn't feel right leaving her. So I went before I did her grocery shopping. It was only about 10 miles, round trip, out of the way...

   So, while I was there, I bought some yarn for a new sweater, since the last one I made for me was too big. That's a legitimate excuse, right? It works for me! Here's a photo of the progress as of last night, I was doing the pocket inserts. I finished them this morning, and cast on the body. I haven't told Hubs yet, I'm waiting for the right moment.



   The red is so pretty, I thought of cranberries, and since our Stitch n Bitch group meets at Cranberry's, I'm calling it my cranberry sweater. The color is actually called Valentine.

   My mom has a cat, named Mozart, nicknamed Mo. He is so spoiled! He gets fed like four times a day, but she only feeds him 1/4 cup at a time. He is so fat, he's nearly round! But his fur is very thick and soft. He's a pleasure to pet! And he really is a sweetie. He actually let me take his picture!

  
   It is so good to be home! I can't wait to sleep in my own bed, next to my beloved Hubs! He is such a good sport, to not complain when I need to go help mom. This is the second time I've been there, she had surgery on her foot a couple years ago.

   You want to hear something very surprising? Until her gall bladder was removed four days ago, she had never had any other parts removed, ever! She still had all her original equipment! Even her tonsils and appendix! She will be 79 years young on the 22nd of this month. She is amazing!

   It was hard to be without internet access. I hope to never have to go without again! I missed facebook, I missed twitter, I missed google+, and I especially missed you, my loyal readers!  Talk to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment