Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Doings Of My Day

   Now that Hubs is down for his nap, I have time to catch you up on the days doings. This morning, at 4:30 a.m. sharp, the really loud alarm clock went off, waking Hubs up to go hunting. It never ceases to amaze me that the absolutely only way he can get up this early is if he gets to kill something. It turns out that last night he got a deer, but he and his friend couldn't find it. It was too dark, they lost his trail. So up he gets before the ass-crack of dawn to go find his deer. He was successful, by the way; it has been delivered to the butcher. We shall eat this winter!

   While he was out, I went back to sleep. I got up at 8:30, which is early for me, but since I was so tired last night and went to sleep early, I slept as long as I could. I made my coffee, and began knitting! I knitted like a fiend, after taking care of my facebook farmville farms. I usually try to hold off knitting until my coffee is gone, because I tend to forget to drink it while I'm knitting.

   After a few hours, interrupted only by putting a load of laundry in, and checking chemical levels in the hot tub, I got the first sleeve done! By this time, Hubs was home, and talking to me about this adventures. This is the finished sleeve:


   Anyway, Hubs was talking to me as I was trying to cast on 45 stitches for the second sleeve. I had to stop four times to count, because he kept expecting me to answer him, or comment. I finally had to ask him not to talk until I was done counting! At last I had the correct number of stitches cast on, and away I went! I knitted and knitted! As of right now, I have about 3 1/2 inches done! Here is a photo of the beginning of the sleeve:


   I still don't get why the yarn looks so pink, when in reality it's more of a cranberry color. Now I have just come upstairs from putting Hubs' hunting clothes in the wash, with his special non-scented detergent. My favorite is the dirt scented, yes DIRT scented dryer sheets. Yum. When they are all done, he will be ready to go out hunting again tomorrow. The joy never ends. I will say that he manages to get the best tasting deer in Dutchess County!

   Soon, I will have the second sleeve done, and I can commence with knitting them onto the body of the sweater, and start the yoke shaping. I shall look forward to posting photos of the finished sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment