Monday, October 10, 2011

In Which Some Progress Is Made

   Yesterday, I helped Hubs put the new (to her) doors on mom's car. Today we delivered the car back to her. The doors are silver, her car is a dark red. Hubs discovered that Saturns are designed with removable outer "skins" on the body, for easy change. So all we have to do is find some door skins of the right color! The ones he's found so far cost more than the doors did!!

   I also attended my grandson's 1st birthday party yesterday! He is such a cutie! And his big sister is also. It is wonderful having them in my life. I wish I was able to see them more often. At least now, Chloe doesn't run and hide when she sees me! In fact, when Sara and I left the party yesterday, she came running to me, and gave me a chocolate frosting kiss! She said to me, "My face is dirty!" I told her I didn't care, that a chocolate frosting kiss is my favorite kind!

   On top of all this, I am now knitting myself a new sweater. It's awesome. It has pockets, and a back pleat. The back pleat totally intimidated me the first time, I'm hoping I can manage it this time, without messing it up. I dropped a stitch last time, and had to tie it on to the right place from the back. All this because I refuse to frog.

   The sweater is a really pretty color, it's like a dark red, a cranberry. I might have talked about it yesterday. I am pretty tired today, I had trouble getting to sleep last night. All in all, it sounds to me like I'm rambling!

   One last thing... When I was in the hospital after giving birth to my first child, my friend Beth sent me a plant. It was in a baby buggy shaped planter. I remember it very well. As the years went by, the plant lived happily at my mom's house, and it seems to enjoy her apartment. My daughter Sara Beth, is now nearly 35 years old. The plant given to me at her birth is still alive! Here is a photo of it that I took yesterday before I came home.


     And now that's the end.

Kim out

No comments:

Post a Comment