Friday, July 13, 2012

An Almost Perfect Day

    Today will be one of those. I got to sleep late, and now I'm having my favorite chocolate coffee. I really don't want to go anywhere, or do anything. Just sit here, drink my coffee, and knit.


    Oh yeah, and keep an eye on the pool filter. And finish the laundry I started last night. And there are some dishes that could use a washing. I guess it never really ends, does it? But if I'm lucky, maybe I can get a few good knitting hours in.


    I am currently working on the Arachno Shawl by Jennifer Dassau. (Available on Ravelry) My bestest knitting buddy, Kim, had started it, and I thought it was really cool, so I bought the pattern too, and started it a few days ago. I know, I am making the Wingspan shawl, but I am taking a break from that. I'm using that for my purse project right now. You know, the one you keep in your purse for when you travel? In my case, it's for if I get stuck somewhere, or the Jeep breaks down or something. I always either have my nook, or a knitting or crochet project with me at all times.


    I have the next few days off from babysitting Miss Malia, so that's nice. Even though she is a sweetheart, it's nice to take a break. I go back Wednesday.


   I am supposed to visit with friends today. But I just don't want to leave the house. I went to Bonny's last night and we sat by the fire pit and talked. It's fun when we do that. But I can't do it too often. Being that my lungs are bad, I can't take the smoke too often. In the Winter, she uses her fireplace, and I can't visit then, either. The smoke makes it really hard to breathe.


    So, for as long as I can, I am going to enjoy this almost perfect day! I hope yours is perfect as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment