Sunday, July 22, 2012

Change of Plans Due to Epic Fail

    Well, I tried. I really did. I cast on all those 301 stitches, really loosely so it wouldn't be too tight when it was done. I was about halfway through the second row when I realized I was beyond my skill level. So right in the middle of the row,  > gasp < , I put it down.


    You see, it's kind of dark in my house. I figure if only I could knit outside, where it's nice and bright, I might be able to do this project as planned. The dark makes it very hard to see the black yarn stitches, and the fact that the stitches are so small doesn't help matters.


    After thinking about it the rest of the evening, and then again this morning, I have decided on an alternate plan. First, I will wind up the (possibly) Tip it Ewe Lush, and try that for the cob web border. It might be easier to see, and the black can still be used for the body, as it's all stockinette with decreases.
   
    If that doesn't pan out, I do have a plan C. I will forget about the black all together, and use some beautiful natural that I have somewhere, in one of my stashes. I am pretty sure I have more than 1000 yards of it, so it will do.


    A wiser knitter than myself pointed out to me that it was brave to try and use black for this project, it turns out I wasn't brave, but foolish. I remember when I bought it, I was planning on making black socks. I doubt that will ever get done either. I will probably crochet something with it, if this plan B doesn't work out.


   The stitches are still sitting there, glaring at me on the needles. I can't bring myself to frog them yet.

  

2 comments:

  1. Bring it to me, I will cast on your stitches for you, but dont tell anyone, cause wouldnt do it for anyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started again, with a worsted weight, with the 301 stitches so it will be big. It's still black, but I can see the stitches now. It will go from black to dark gray to light gray. Or maybe just black and dark gray. We'll see. Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete