Monday, July 23, 2012

And the winner is... Plan D!

   Well, none of the plans, A thru C, worked out. So I went with plan D. To knit the Arachno Shawl by Jennifer Dassau, in acrylic worsted weight. I did do the largest stitch count one, 301 cast on stitches. You know me, I like 'em big.



    In my stash dive, I found  several skeins of Caron's Simply Soft, in light gray. I also found one in black, and one white. The other day, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased four skeins in dark gray. So my plan is to do the cobweb border in the black, then switch to the dark gray. If I want to, I can go to the light gray and even to white. But I'm thinking I'll be sticking with the black and dark gray.



    The fact that it's acrylic makes it machine washable, and no blocking. I am possibly the worlds most reluctant blocker. I haven't blocked anything since my Lena Sweater, over a year ago. The wool sweaters I made before that, my friend Kim blocked for me.  I simply don't have the patience.


    The best thing about using the worsted weight is that the stitches are nice and big, therefore visible! I don't need a microscope to see them! So far, I have completed just over two pattern repeats. It's coming along, and I am pleased. And there's nothing better than a pleased knitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment