Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shawl Progress!

    The shawl I've been working on, Arachno Shawl, is coming along nicely! The border is done, and so is the transition section. I started working on the main body of the shawl last night. It has taken me such a long time to unravel the dropped stitches in the border! Almost as long to unravel them as to knit them in the first place!

Here is a photo of the border, before I started unraveling:


    And here is a close up shot of the shawl, with the border unraveled:



    I think I had trouble because the yarn I'm using is Malabrigo, and it's notoriously sticky. The colorway is 616 Plena. I thought it would look pretty for this shawl, it looks like I was right! I will be able to wear this shawl with my everyday jeans.


    It took nearly a full skein for the border alone. But I have four, so I will not run out. While searching through my stash, I found some really pretty yarns that I forgot I had! I love when that happens, it's like Festivus in July!


    I tried to take better photos of the shawl, but after I take a couple of shots, I start shaking, and all I get is blurry photos. Hopefully the ones I have are good enough for you to get the idea!


    Today, I've been sitting by the pool, with Hubs, knitting in the 90+ degree heat. The water temp is about 80, so it's nice and cool. I'm sure that if anyone driving by were to see me, I'd get the puzzled look!

No comments:

Post a Comment