Thursday, July 26, 2012

In Which I Get To Knit Again!

    In the last few days, you may have noticed that I haven't blogged about my knitting project. Several days ago, I was really, really tired, and tried to work on my Arachno Shawl, hoping it would keep me awake. On my way back across the row, I came upon a mistake I had made in the previous row. I tried to fix it, but wasn't able to. I think it was because I was so very tired.


    I did manage to make my way across the rest of the row. Then I put it down. I figured when and if I saw my friend Kim, and if I felt she was receptive, I would ask her to see if she could figure out what I had done.


    Well, last night at karate I was able to show it to her. It took me a while to find the error, but I eventually did. She told me to work across the row until I got to it, and she would see what she could do. I was so excited! She fixed it for me! Somehow I had managed, in my delirium, to knit two stitches together. Somehow.


    I usually don't ask Kim to fix my mistakes. I try very hard to fix them myself. And so far, I have been pretty successful! It's nice to know that when I am beyond my depth, Kim is there to help me out.


    So now I can knit again! I am so happy! I have finished four repeats of the cobweb pattern. Only four more to go! If I have enough yarn, I may go for a fifth repeat. We shall just have to see.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment