Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Great Green Eyed Monster

    Every once in a while, I get a little jealous. You see, I've been blogging now for just over a year. My good knitting friend finally started blogging a few months ago. It took a long time to convince her that she was funny enough, and had enough to say.

                                            RidiculousKnits.blogspot.com

    Anyway, she doesn't blog every day, just when she feels like it, or has something to say. I love her blog, it's funny. However, I see that she has lots of followers, more every time I read her blog. I, on the other hand, an now up to seven followers. This depresses me. I know that lots of people are reading my blog, but I get jealous anyway.


    I know that she has tons of followers on twitter, and that's where most of her blog followers come from. She tweets a lot. I am on twitter, but don't tweet that much. I find that twitter is too restrictive, I usually have too much to say for their lousy 144 characters.


    So, to make myself feel better, I go and check a former friends blog. She hasn't posed anything for nearly six months, and still has only one follower. Her husband. Somehow, this makes me feel lots better. I know it's silly and petty, but it still makes me feel better. It gives me a much needed ego boost.


    I would like to say thanks to all who do read my blog. It tickles me to know that people in places like Russia, and Ireland, and even Brazil read what I have to say. Thanks to everyone! I hope I don't disappoint any of you!

   Tattoo countdown: It is now 13 days until I get my new tattoo!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog and you deserve more followers. Don't let it get ya down!

    Love you and looking forward to that tattoo!

    Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb! I don't intend to let to get me down for too long. I shall keep plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I just signed on as a follower after reading your July 19 post, then jumped around trying to find out where you were today and read your post about not having many followers! You are so funny! I am going to read a bunch more of your posts and see what other things there are about you that remind me of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, and WELCOME!! I'm so happy to have another follower!!

    ReplyDelete