Thursday, July 26, 2012

Waiting for "The Big Storm"

    Well, here we are, waiting for the Big Storm. All day I've been waiting. Early this morning, I woke up to thunder, and thought "Here it comes!" But no. After a little while it stopped thundering, and raining. As the morning went on, the sun even came out!


    All day, I've been watching the Weather Channel. And all day, they've been saying that it's coming. Before I left to sit with Miss Malia, I went down and brought in all the pool toys, and my Queen chair. Also all the towels came in, and whatever else I could carry that might get blown away by "The Big Storm".


    While I was with Miss Malia, I was still checking the weather on a regular basis. After a while, they added a tornado warning to the whole mess. And the sun was still shining. As I sit here and write this, it is finally starting to look like it might just do something.


   To me, the most disturbing thing is our new-neighbors-from-NYC. They put up a big tent type awning thing over the fourth, when they had a party. It is still up. I wanted Hubs to call them and ask them to take it down, and tell them that if it ends up in our pool and damages the liner, they will be buying us a new one.


    These are the very same neighbors who, when the hurricane hit our area last year, never even put their umbrella down on their umbrella table, much less take it inside. Here Hubs and I were, closely watching a tree on the corner of our lot, fearing it could come down (it didn't). We all got very lucky with the hurricane, it didn't hit us too badly. But it could have.


    It seems to me that preparing for the worst just make sense. Wouldn't you feel guilty if something you owned got blown somewhere and caused someone to get hurt, or Goddess forbid, killed? I know I would. That is why I run out there, even in the rain, to bring inside any projectile type stuff. It's not like I have to worry about my hair getting wet or anything...


    Hubs has gone to work, and I get to spend the evening here all by myself. I think it's time to go look for some candles... you know, just in case.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment