Sunday, February 5, 2012

An Afternoon Induglence, Before the Big Game

   Today is the Super Bowl. This morning I went shopping, to get some chips and snacks for Hubs and son to munch on. To my surprise, the store actually had some chips left! I kind of figured that they would be sold out, or not have many left. I think it was good planning on their part, they probably over stocked on purpose.

  So I got our chips and salsa, as well as cheese and pepperoni to slice and put on crackers. These, we like to warm up in the microwave, the cheese is good, all melty. I bought the big tortilla chips, as well as regular potato chips, and some onion dip for Hubs. He doesn't like the chunky salsa.

   So until the game comes on, Hubs and I are getting to indulge in watching one of our favorite shows, Swamp People. We love it, these people are such characters. It's interesting to watch the dynamics of the different families, and how they pass their heritage and customs down to their children and grandchildren. And the fact that they are alligator hunters is a bonus. Fascinating.

   The show has been on all day, I love a good marathon. I haven't been watching all day, mind you. I did the dishes, and straightened up the living room for Hubs and son and Julie to watch the game. I get to go into another room to watch what I want. I was just asking Hubs if he thinks Jesse will let me go in his room, since he has Netflix in there. That way I can watch some of the Doctor Who episodes I have in the instant queue.

   On another topic all together, I have misplaced my drop spindle! I have been looking for days, and I can't find it anywhere. It's driving me nuts, I keep looking in the same places over and over again, like it's going to magically appear when I'm not looking. My house is not that big, there are only so many places it could be! I have also checked and rechecked all my craft bags, to no avail. I guess it's a good thing that I purchased a new one on etsy last night. In the meantime, I will just have to keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment