Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's time to meet my charges!

    I am now officially a babysitter! I have two babysitting jobs, for two very different young ladies. The first job is two mornings a week, from 6:30 - 8:30 a.m. It's hard to get up for that one! I watch a 9 year old and help her get ready for school. Gotta make sure she gets all her stuff done. She is an awesome kid. This is Miss Melanie:


   She is a 1st degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do, and a student of my son's. That is how I met her and her mom, actually. Her mom runs the knitting group that accepted myself and my friend Bonny, even though we were  >shudder<  crocheters. We have had lots of fun!

   My other charge is a five day a week gig, from 11:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. This little girl is just 13 months old. She is as cute as the proverbial button. She really is a good natured baby, not screaming for attention all the time. She plays really well by herself, and manages to keep herself entertained.

   I've known her dad for a long time. When I heard that they needed a sitter for their little girl, I offered my services. So far, it's been working out very well. She really is very good natured, and as you may have read, I am trying to teach her to whistle.

   With permission from both of her parents, here is a photo of her, sound asleep. This is how she was when I got there that day. Meet Miss Malia:


And this is the face I saw after she woke up:                                          


     Does it get any cuter than that?  Anybody that messes with my charges is gonna have to answer to me!  Although I think that Miss Melanie can take care of herself!                                                                                             
                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment