Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Random Life Moments

   I love to watch the Food Network, most of the cooking shows. Giada, Ina, The Neeley's, And especially Paula. They inspire me to cook. But what usually happens is I get inspired, walk into my kitchen, open my pantry, and there's nothing in there to work with. At least, nothing they were using! So I just shake my head, close the door, and walk away.
___________________________________________________________________

   I've been holding onto this story for a while, it might be difficult to put into written words. It's hysterical when spoken, I hope it translates well into print.
   Back when I still had some hair, I was at my hairdressers shop to have it trimmed way down. In the next chair, there was a little girl, maybe 10 years old, with long blonde hair. She had just had a perm, and they were putting the finishing touches on her. She watched me as I sat down, and pulled off my hat. George set to work with his scissors. I had very obvious, very large, bald spots. As she was leaving, the little girl asked George, "What happened to her hair?". Well, George, with a completely straight face, said to her "Well, it all started when she got a perm...." !! He is just too funny, but he did tell her that it wasn't true, he was fibbing.  (Never mind that I wondered what kind of parents she had, to let her get a perm at such a young age!)
___________________________________________________________________

    I just now had a thought, that when we were in high school, my friend Beth used to call me the earth mother. It seems the older I get, the more earthy I become. I'm crafting now with more natural fibers, knitting and spinning with wool. I even have a spinning wheel now, even though I haven't used it yet.
__________________________________________________________________

    I love my Hubs dearly. And he is pretty handy around the house. One day we were at a big box home improvement store, and I saw a dog house for sale. Wouldn't Otis love that? He wouldn't buy it. He said he could make one for less than the cost of that one.
   So he tried. It turned out he had to make two. The first one? It wasn't right, and he couldn't reuse the wood. He had to buy all new wood. SO, from that time til now, whenever we see something we want to buy, we laugh and he remarks, "I could build you one, for TWICE the price!"
___________________________________________________________________

   So we were sitting there at Spinning, and I decided to check out the refreshments.
  I reported back to Kim that they had cheese and crackers, and brownies, and peanut butter cookies. She asked me to bring her a brownie ON a peanut butter cookie, and I remarked that I thought a brownie between 2 peanut butter cookies, making a sammich, might be better!  She agreed, so off I went and returned with two sammiches. I was right, they were superior! Kim said that she thought that this was possibly the best idea ever...
____________________________________________________________________

   I have read somewhere, in an article of some kind, that dogs can be converted to a vegetarian diet. However, cats can't live on that kind of diet. They will die. I think this is perhaps yet another reason I prefer cats.
______________________________________________________________________

  

No comments:

Post a Comment