Saturday, February 4, 2012

An Afternoon of Doctor Who

  Today, I am getting to spend the whole afternoon watching Doctor Who episodes, old and newer, on Netflix. My beloved Hubs was working in the garage, doing the usual man-puttering, so I started out by watching an episode I found the other day. It's from 1972 and stars the first three Doctors! I am in Whovian geek heaven!

  After that, I watched a newer one with David Tennant. Now I am watching yet another newer one, I think it's the one where the newest Doctor enters the picture. It's called The End of Time.

  Hubs has taken to the bedroom and is watching TV in there. He doesn't care for Doctor Who. We only have Neflix in the living room, and in our son's room. I think he gets it through his PS3.

   Anyway. Last night, I ordered a pizza after visiting my friend Kim at karate. Her daughter, the Cherub, takes classes from my son, the instructor. Funnily enough, that's not how we met! Oops, I'm getting off topic. Back to the pizza.

   I asked for a pepperoni pizza, with all the pepperoni on one half of the pie. Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? That simply means that one side of the pizza has 2X the meat of a usual 1/2 pepperoni pizza. Unfortunaltely, it got lost in translation between the girl who took my order and the man who made my pizza.

  I took it home without looking at it. I should have looked. Not that it would have made a difference. I ate it anyway, but I am not sure that I will order from them again, I thought the pizza kind of sucked. That is really too bad, as their pizza is usually very good. I don't know what the difference is, it just tasted different, and not as good as usual. And the crust was very much thinner than usual, too. It was all floppy and sloppy.

  Right now, Part 2 of Doctor Who is starting. It turns out that I have seen Part 1. So I have to go, I want to watch it. Many thanks for listening to me rant, yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment