Friday, February 17, 2012

In Which We Have An Adventure

   Last night, my good buddy Kim and I went to our second meeting of the Spinning Guild, in Red Hook. It was very interesting, and I do believe that there are people there who can teach me to use the spinning wheel I was given.

   Kim's daughter, the Cherub, came with us as she has decided she wants to spin too. I brought my new spindle, but I didn't spin because it was a bit crowded, and there was not much elbow room. Everyone was really friendly, especially the ladies we already knew from the spinning group at the library.

   Neither of us can attend the library group anymore, since I am now working part time as a babysitter, and it's just too hard for Kim to stay awake for it. She works nights, and the meetings fall right in the middle of her work week. During the day, when she should be sleeping.

   Anyway, all the ladies we know from that group have been really glad to see us. It makes it easier to meet new people. And we are all crafters, after all. I have to say that it does my heart good to see people crocheting in this group.

   This month we officially joined the guild. I am impressed with us. I asked the president, who we also know from the library group, whether there is a secret handshake or something. He just laughed. So now we will get the official newsletter emails and such things.

   I am determined to practice with my new spindle so I won't embarrass myself at next months meeting. And I must remember that at some point I need to bring my wheel, so I can get instruction on how to use it!

   Oh, crap. I meant to save this for tomorrow, and I hit the publish button by accident. Oh well. If there's no post tomorrow, read this one again....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment