Sunday, February 12, 2012

Downton Abbey, and It's a Jeep Thing!

    Downton Abbey.  I have up to this point, watched six episodes of the first season. And I have to say, I really like it! They almost lost me in an early episode, when Cook gave Daisy a bowl of poisonous stuff and asked her to take it away, then, before she could do so, gave her another bowl of stuff to take up to have sprinkled on the family's food. That would have been just too much.

   Obviously, I figured everyone would get poisoned or very sick. I was relieved to see everything put to right, just in the nick of time. I have enjoyed every episode since! I am nearly through the first season. I can hardly wait to get some more time to myself so I can watch the rest!

   It's a Jeep Thing. Back when I got my Jeep for Christmas, in 2003, right away I noticed that when I drove it, other Jeep drivers would wave to me. Since then it has continued. It makes me smile every gosh darned time too.

   As I have traveled through many of the surrounding towns, villages and cities, I have noticed that there are trends in this. In some towns, other Jeep drivers will wave. In some, they won't. For instance, in the City of Poughkeepsie, they won't, but in the Town of Poughkeepsie they will. Wappingers Falls, they don't, Fishkill, they do! I am glad to say that here in Hyde Park, we do the wave.

   It's like the Harley Davidson thing, only with Jeeps. I look at it as a kind of solidarity salute. And as I said, it makes me smile.  When my daughter is riding with me, she asks, "Do you know him, or was that the Jeep wave?"

   I must be kind of well known around my little town, because on the occasions that I am driving my Hubs' truck, I have actually had people in other cars point at me, and gesture questioningly. Like they are asking me, "Where's your Jeep?" I really like that. I shrug, and wave back.  I do so love my Jeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment